Slice of life story how I feed the chickens everyday

Every morning before school my mother tells me to feed the chickens.

You might be thinking wow that stinks or that’s a real bummer.

Well that’s NOT what I think.

Honestly I really like my chickens and it’s not because we get lots of eggs like the reason people even have chickens.

I know this is going to sound weird but me and my mom actually treat our chickens like pets.

Anyway in the morning after my mom tells me or I remind myself to feed the chickens like most people we give the chickens compost with some oatmeal on top in the winter.

But what’s oatmeal without any water? Well the answer to that is that we Boil the water.

And what I mean by boil it I don’t mean using the stove I mean putting cold water in this old machine and boils it for you!

After the machine finishes doing it’s job all you need to do is dump the really hot water in the container we use for the compost evenly.

Next thing I do every morning is walking into the coop and put the container next to the chickens (which they are going crazy over).

The next last steps are the easiest ones of all.

while the chickens are eating the compost I grab some seeds from another container which are sunflower seeds and corn.

Finally I dump water in a heated bowl and collect the eggs.

Then I say goodbye to the chickens and do the same thing the next morning.

3 thoughts on “Slice of life story how I feed the chickens everyday”

1. I had know idea so much went into taking care of chickens! You are so responsible! I enjoyed the details of how you make sure the morning feed is nice and warm for the chickens.

2. I agree, it’s fun to feed chickens, why does everyone think it’s boring? I mean it’s awesome to feed chickens.👌✌👍😎