The parade

Me and my family were getting ready for the parade but we weren’t doing what the kids were doing.

Maybe you are one of the students that stood in their driveway waiting to see you’re favorite Bowdoinham teachers but nope not me apparently since my mom works there (which makes her a teacher to) so we had to be IN the parade.

When we were getting ready in the car getting ready with the other teachers in the parking lot (we kept our distance from each other) I felt tired and bored in the back of the Buick while mom and dad were  getting the car decorated with signs like I MISS YOU BOWDOINHAM and stuff like that as mom and dad went in to get buckled up we saw the sheriff in the front and we went off.

Then as we were going about 20mph passing people’s house with some of the house’s driveways were filled with kids and some weren’t.

After about an hour of my mom standing up and down through the sunroof screaming (name) it’s so good to see you buddy!!!!!!!!!! And all that stuff that’s when I started to get nauseous especially with my dad like I said going 20 mph then slowing down to five automatically so mom could say hi to the students and so they could see them.

That’s when I start to get miserable as I was crouched up in the backseat with my seatbelt as tight as could be and the stopping and going to help either but by now. I knew that the parade will end soon because my dad told me that the parade would at least be an hour long but boy was he wrong.

Since I can get carsick pretty easily after another hour I started looking for a bucket because after to hours of stopping and going and mom yelling kids names the extremely cold wind hitting my face and when I crouch over then I have even worse stomach pains and my brothers screaming just for me to be annoyed.

After I wished I stayed home and watched the Simpsons and read at home I kept on asking are we almost done yet? Are we almost done yet? Are we almost done yet? and the answer was always the same no no no no no no NO!

And just when I was about to explode the car at the very front went to the gas station and So did the other cars the second this happened my dad said and a low tone of voice….. are we on a gas break or something but about two seconds later I realized that the parade was finally over. As teachers went out of their cars to take off all the decorations (some chatted a little) I finally felt relaxed and relieved that the parade was finally Over. As mom and dad got into the car with satisfied looks on their faces we finally drove home.

3 thoughts on “The parade”

1. It was a long ride around town BUT it was worth seeing all the kids around town. I understand your discomfort because we had to make a rest room pitstop!

2. It was a long parade but it was so great to see everyone. I totally get the car sick thing…I’m the saaaaame way. I’m glad you survived!