The lake house

Day 1

As me and my family pulled into the dirt road driveway I realized that mom and dad did to put a lot of money into doing this. The lake house that we were staying at was amazing the house was huge and the lake behind it we pretty much had all to ourselves and it looked beautiful with the full moon shining on it.

when me mom and dad were lugging in all the luggage my brothers were running around the house screaming not believing there eyes.

when we were done putting all of our stuff in the Lakehouse we started looking around and seeing all of the rooms my brothers decided to sleep in a really small room with a bunk bed and a little tv was on a small table thank god we brought some movie or my brothers would be screaming a night long.
Mom and dad were going to sleep in the master bedroom (no surprise there) and that meant I got to have the whole basement to myself and there was a flat screen tv I’m pretty surprised how fooled my brothers were on using a box tv while I’m with the good stuff.

As I put my Away I only then realized that I was only going to be here for the weekend so I will try to make the most of it and as I got in bed I put the Blankets on me from the car and looked up at the ceiling as I drifted into a deep sleep…

Day 2

waking up at 10:30 just my luck I would have taken that any day but now but the fact that my brothers were occupied by the tv might have helped. Watching cars over and over again yep that’s my brothers all right! When I went upstairs my parents were totally different people my brothers not screaming might have been the difference. My dad was actually reading the newspaper! what busy dad like him has time to read the newspaper! When i wake up dad is always yelling at my brothers for waking him up.

when I sat at the table they both said good morning and I said the same in reply. As I sat down mom passed me a plate full of crispy bacon and some eggs that’s when I realized how hungry I really was. As I ate (all the bacon) and most of the eggs my dad asked me if I wanted to go fishing. I have never gone fishing with my dad before since he’s so busy so I said yes.

*                                                              *                                                   *

As I poked the worm on my end of the hook I casted it in the water. I don’t fish all that much but when I do I always get lucky. the second I sent my worm in the water a Gigantic tug and I was caught off guard but I tugged with all my might and out came a gigantic bass with my dad saying in the background don’t let go! don’t let go! And as I put what felt like a 100pound fish I lugged on the boat and the thing was huge I couldn’t even believe my own eyes and as my dad started slapping me on the back Way to go man! And as we turned the boat around we headed toward the lake house.

that was a day I would soon not forget.

2 thoughts on “The lake house”

1. That weekend getaway sounds amazing! There’s something wonderful about lakes; quiet and serene. Sounds like a HUGE fish too! Did you keep it or throw it back?